While all motor vehicle accidents involve their own unique factors, many car crashes share the same causes. Many of these common causes of crashes are examples of negligence for which the negligent drivers become liable to victims for various damages, including medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Did you sustain serious injuries or was your loved one killed in a car accident in South Carolina? You will want to contact the Nye Law Group as soon as possible. Call 855-636-9277 to schedule a free consultation.
Frequent Causes of Car Accidents in South Carolina
Among the many different possible causes of automobile crashes, five of the most common include the following:
- Distracted Driving — In recent years, an increasing number of crashes have involved drivers preoccupied with mobile phones. Texting while driving is especially dangerous because it is considered a cognitive, manual, and visual distraction. Other cell phone use can be just as dangerous, and other distractions such as eating while driving can also cause accidents.
- Reckless Driving — The South Carolina Code establishes that a person commits a reckless driving crime when he or she operates a vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of others. A conviction for this offense, which can apply to a broad number of scenarios, may be evidence of negligence used against the driver in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Speeding — However common it might be for drivers to operate at speeds exceeding posted limits, such violations also result in significant effects on other driving behaviors in emergency situations. Accidents caused by speeding drivers often involve catastrophic injuries.
- Drunk Driving — Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs makes any person more likely to cause a motor vehicle accident. Drunk drivers can still be held civilly liable for victim injuries even if they avoid criminal convictions for the offenses.
- Turn Accidents — Several crashes stem from one driver turning in front of or into another. Some turns may have been unlawful. In other cases, drivers misjudge the speed of other vehicles.
Every accident has its own independent factors that can dramatically impact all personal injury claims stemming from the crash. You will want to make sure that you retain legal counsel as soon as possible after an accident in order to have a lawyer conduct an independent investigation of your scene to accurately determine all negligent parties, especially in cases involving multiple vehicles.
Find a Car Accident Attorney in South Carolina
If you suffered severe injuries or your loved one was killed in a car accident anywhere in South Carolina, it is in your best interest to quickly seek legal representation. Contact the Nye Law Group as soon as possible.
Our Bluffton personal injury lawyer can negotiate with the negligent driver’s insurance company to make sure you receive a fair and full settlement that accounts for all of your past, present, and future needs. Call 855-636-9277 or contact us online to have our firm provide a complete evaluation of your case during a free consultation.