Robert Nye is an exceptional lawyer with absolute integrity and honor.

-Consuelo K.

Mr. Maines made me feel like I was his first priority.

-Bane V.

Mr. Nye has gone far above and beyond my expectations.

-Kytra M.

Chatham County Car Accident Lawyer

It’s not unusual to feel overwhelmed following a serious injury auto collision. Receive legal assistance with filing a car accident claim when you partner with a Chatham County car accident attorney at our firm.

Vehicle accidents happen every day, but no one wants to be involved in one. You likely do everything you can to drive safely and avoid auto accidents, but you can’t control the other drivers on the road. If one of those drivers caused you to be hurt, you might be able to file an auto injury claim against them.

Many people think they only have the option of filing a claim with their own insurance provider, but Georgia is a fault state when it comes to automobile accidents. That means that the person who caused the crash could be required to pay for it. Learn more about filing a vehicle collision case when you call a Chatham County car accident lawyer at The Nye Law Group.

Understanding Car Accident Laws in Chatham County, GA

When you’ve been hurt in a vehicle wreck, you need to know about the laws that will affect your case. First, you should know, as mentioned, that Georgia is a fault state when it comes to auto wreck cases. Again, this means that the person who caused your auto wreck could be liable to pay for it. You have the right to submit an injury claim with the negligent party’s insurance company.

Another important law that you should know about is referred to as comparative fault. This law states that the actions of the different parties involved in an auto wreck will be examined to determine how much each party was to blame for the crash. 

For example, you might be 10 percent to blame for your accident, but the other party is 90 percent to blame. In this situation, you can still file an injury claim against the other person in order to receive damages for the 90 percent of fault assigned to the other person.

Compensation for a Chatham County Auto Wreck

Your Chatham County vehicle collision attorney can help you file your claim so that you can seek financial damages for your accident. You could receive a settlement to pay for your property damage, lost wages, pain, suffering, physical therapy, caregiving expenses, transportation costs, permanent injury, and more.

Reach Out to a Car Accident Attorney in Chatham County, Georgia

It’s important for you to know that there is a limited amount of time to file a claim for an auto wreck in Georgia. You are given only two years to bring your case, and that time limit passes by more quickly than many people realize. If you are interested in bringing a claim in Chatham County but aren’t sure you can handle the process on your own, give us a call.

A Chatham County car accident lawyer at The Nye Law Group is ready and willing to take your call and discuss your case goals and options. Get your free case evaluation by dialing 912-200-5230 or by filling out the form below. 

CONTACT US

NO PRESSURE. SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY. NO HIDDEN FEES.

* All Fields Required

Or Call 855-856-4212

CONVENIENT LOCATIONS Throughout the SouthEast

Charlotte, NC

402 West Trade Street,
Suite 112
Charlotte, NC

704-862-4177 get directions

Savannah, GA

2008 Whitaker Street
Savannah, GA 31401

912-732-0249 get directions

Hinesville, GA

306 North Main Street,
Suite 1B
Hinesville, GA 31313

912-200-5233 get directions

Bluffton, SC

25 Clarks Summit Drive,
Suite 102
Bluffton, SC 29910

843-420-1555 get directions

Charlotte, NC

402 West Trade Street,
Suite 112
Charlotte, NC

704-862-4177 get directions

Savannah, GA

2008 Whitaker Street
Savannah, GA 31401

912-732-0249 get directions

Hinesville, GA

306 North Main Street,
Suite 1B
Hinesville, GA 31313

912-200-5233 get directions

Bluffton, SC

25 Clarks Summit Drive,
Suite 102
Bluffton, SC 29910

843-420-1555 get directions
View all locations
CONTACT US

NO PRESSURE. SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY. NO HIDDEN FEES.

* All Fields Required

Or Call 855-856-4212