Unfortunately, there is always the risk that something can go horribly wrong during childbirth. Despite many medical developments, accidents can and do still happen. However, if a newborn or a mother is injured because a medical professional’s recklessness or negligence, she may be entitled to recover compensation.
The Bluffton birth injury lawyers at The Nye Law Group can help you hold responsible parties accountable for the harm they have caused. We can help you fight for compensation to cover medical costs and other expenses associated with you or your child’s injury.
Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation. We do not get paid unless you recover compensation.
Call 855-856-4212 to schedule a free consultation today.
Most Common Malpractice Birth Injuries
Many birth injuries are the result of medical malpractice and include situations in which a medical professional failed to act within accepted standards of care established by the medical industry.
Some common injuries include:
- Shoulder dystocia – This kind of birth injury happens during the birth process and involves damage to the upper arm or shoulder nerves. The most common type of shoulder dystocia is Erb’s palsy.
- Brain damage – If the blood or oxygen supply to the brain is cut off during birth, the infant may suffer a broad range of brain injuries. One of the most common is cerebral palsy.
- Injuries to the mother – Situations like preeclampsia can lead to life threatening and serious consequences if left untreated. Negligence during the delivery process can also lead to vision loss, infection and other issues.
- Failure to diagnose and treat fetal distress – The obstetrician and other medical professionals in the room must be prepared to properly diagnose and treat any signs of fetal distress, otherwise the child may suffer serious birth injuries or die.
- C-section errors – Doctors are responsible for performing C-sections in a timely fashion, but without doing so prematurely. If the doctor acted too soon or failed to act quickly enough, you need the help of our Bluffton birth injury lawyers.
- Brachial plexus injury – The nerves in the lower neck can be damaged and can lead to paralysis in the arms or hands.
Regardless of what happened in the birth and delivery room, it can be devastating for new parents to learn that their child has sustained a critical birth injury that could have been prevented. Our Bluffton birth injury lawyers can help you build a strong personal injury case if negligence contributed to those injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form to find out if you have a case.
Do I Really Need a Bluffton Birth Injury Lawyer?
In the aftermath of discovering a birth injury, new parents have many things to worry about. However, quality legal representation should not be one of them. Being able to count on a legal firm to handle all of the details of your claim can give you peace of mind and allow you to focus on taking care of your child.
Our Bluffton birth injury lawyers are solely committed to fighting for your rights and helping make sure you receive the compensation you need to focus on what is most important.
We know that the medical costs associated with helping a child who has sustained birth injuries can be catastrophic. That is why we work tirelessly to help ensure you have the financial stability you need to help pay for your child’s future needs.
At The Nye Law Group, you can trust that we will place your family’s needs at the forefront of everything we do. We will do everything we can to take some of the burden off of your shoulders and help make sure you have the financial resources you need to care for your child.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you believe that your child has sustained significant injuries during the birth process because of a medical professional’s negligence or reckless behavior, you need to consult with an attorney about your next steps.
Unfortunately, there is no way to go back and undo the damage that was done, but having a team of qualified Bluffton birth injury lawyers committed to fighting for the best outcome for you and your child is imperative.
Do not hesitate to contact us today to schedule a free consultation to learn more.
Call 855-856-4212 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form.